Large bedroom, sweeping living room, and spacious kitchen – it feels good to live in a big house. Bigger is better after all. If you are looking to live simply and practically , however, small is definitely beautiful.
Here are 10 good reasons why you should consider micro living and down size your home.
- Budget friendly. Small houses use few lights and, not to mention, are cheaper to heat and cool. A small wood burner can warm an entire floor in winter. A single air conditioning unit can sufficiently keep the blistering heat outside in summer. With a small home, you can basically cut down your electricity bills.
- Affordable. Smaller house means affordable purchase price, allowing you to pay off the mortgage faster.
- Easy to decorate. When it comes to turning small house into a comfortable, livable space, you can go all out with the décor. You can be artsy, or you can be classy. Go show your personality!
- Easy to clean and keep. You can get everything neat and tidy in less than an hour.
- Optimized used of space. No more dusty, unused bedrooms turned into a storage area or guest bedroom that needs to be cleaned regularly. All available spaces are used and optimized.
- Less waste. Less space means less waste and less hoarding of things you don’t need.
- Increased family interaction. There’s nowhere else to hide aside from bedroom. Everyone get to hang out in the living room during the evening.
- Cozy. Small spaces have that rather cozy atmosphere. Imagine yourself tucked in the living room sofa beside the wood stove.
- Security. You know every nook and cranny of the house. Monsters have nothing to hide.
- More time outdoors. Living in small house encourages outdoor activity, allowing you and your family to enjoy fresh air and fun outdoor games.